Re: USB 2.0 slave?

Slide wrote:
Has anyone looked at what needs to be done, if anything, to support
USB 2.0 in the USB slave package? I noticed that only 1.1 is currently
supported based on the defines for supported version

#define USB_DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_USB11_LO           0x10
#define USB_DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_USB11_HI            0x01

Would supporting 2.0 be as simple as adding another define for 2.0? I
am not intimately familiar with USB, but if there is anything I can do
to help, I would be interested as we are looking at using eCos for an
internal board we are developing.

Thanks,

slide

Yes, if your hardware is 2.0 compatible, you can simply indicate that in your device descriptor. (Yeah, we should probably add those constants to the USB header). If it's a Full Speed device, that's probably all you need to do. If it's a High Speed device you may have a little more work to do to implement and/or debug the high speed enumeration. I don't believe that any of the existing USB device drivers are for high speed devices, so there may not be any implementation to negotiate into high speed.

Frank