Re: Any adive on using Boost++ on eCos?

Andrew Lunn-2 wrote:

> I'm no C++ programmer, so do verify everything i say...
>
> eCos does not support full C++. In particular exceptions are
> missing. A couple of people have made some hacks to get this to work,
> look in the archive.
>
> If you are prepared to pay some money eCosCentric have a version of
> eCos with full C++ support. Getting Boost to work on top of that is
> probably much easier way to go.

We can live without exception handling, because we are still having
arguments about whether the generated code seriously impacts code size &
run-time.

In general, there is a lot of disagreement about whether exceptions are A
Good Thing or not *in embedded systems*. Most people don't seem to like
them; I personally do, but my team doesn't.

Is anyone else aware of anything else which si not supported? Thanks.