Re: Re: Cortex port

On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 02:44 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2008-09-10, Robin Randhawa <robin.randhawa@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > That's awesome. I got a very basic arch+variant+platform
> > definition +init code and linker script going. The board I had
> > access to was away so I started using qemu instead and that
> > helped.
>
> Wow.  Somebody added a _lot_ of ARM targets to Qemu since I
> looked a few months ago (OK, it was probably closer to 9 months
> ago).  I would have sworn all it emulated at the beginning of
> the year were a couple rather old ARM9 boards.

Yes. I think the Cortex bits were rather recent.

> I may be working on a Cortex project soon using one of the
> Stellaris parts, but I'll need one with an Ethernet interface.

Then you might be interested in the Stellaris LM3S6965EVB and its
emulation in qemu. The emulation had some quirks - didn't pick up the
main stack pointer from location 0 (unless I used binary images as
opposed to ELF) but apart from that its gdb stub is a huge help.

Cheers,
Robin