Re: Cortex/STM32 Port

Parlerlamudi SRIMATTIRUMALA schrieb:
Hello Simon,

I am just wondering which tool chain you used ( for STM32Eval) ?

I am going through this <http://ecos.sourceware.org/getstart.html>. Just want to be in the same page as yours.

Actually, the "official" toolchains for ecos won't do for the cortex m3, as they don't support the armv7-m architecture. Currenty, I'm using the arm eabi toolchain from codesourcery. But when time permits I'll look into the toolchains just released by zylin.com. We should as soon as possible decide on an agreed toolchain to progress development. I'm fine with whatever works :) What host system do you intend to use for development? The current repository contains a simple setup-ecos.sh script to allow you to setup a development system on linux (Ubuntu 8.04 preferred). I attach a few instructions as how to get the system running, if you want to use the same.

* install Ubuntu/Linux 8.04 LTS (http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download or http://chrysaor.info/?page=ubuntu for vmware appliance)
* make sure you have 'universe' and 'multiverse' package repositories active
* make sure you have the following packages installed
sudo apt-get install build-essential subversion cvs tcl-dev tk-dev libftdi-dev libgtk1.2 libgtk2.0-dev
* checkout eCos evaluation source, preferably in your home directory
svn co https://svn.inthemill.ch/ecos-cortex/trunk ecos
* change into the ecos directory
cd ecos
* edit scripts/setup-env.sh script if the source is not located in ${HOME}/ecos
* run the setup-env.sh script
. ./scripts/setup-env.sh
* run the setup-ecos.sh script which will download ecos sources, build host tools, and generally setup the eCos environment
./scripts/setup-ecos.sh

I'm really looking forward to work on eCos again, as soon as I finish the current work I'm stuck in. Please feel free to ask any questions, I'll try to answer them ASAP.

Best regards
Simon