Re: eCos Configuration Tool experimental build for GTK+ 2.x on Linux

John Dallaway wrote:
As a prelude to eCos 3.0, I have built an experimental version of the
eCos Configuration Tool suitable for GTK+ 2.x on x86 Linux. This
snapshot build is available for download via the eCosCentric DevZone page:

http://www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/configtool.shtml

If you are running a recent Linux distribution, you may need to install
an extra package from your distribution which provides libstdc++.so.5
(eg compat-libstdc++-33 on RHEL5).

If you try this build, please let me know if it works for you. Problems
should be reported against component "ConfigTool" and version "CVS" via
Bugzilla:

http://bugs.ecos.sourceware.org/

Please include the precise Linux distribution name and version in any
reports.

Thank you

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited

I tried it quickly on Fedora 6 and Fedora 8. It runs and "looks" good on both, and especially seems to solve the font problems that I was having with Fedora 8 when using the old version. Unfortunately, the text and list entry widgets in the configuration window don't seem to be working properly. When an entry - like selecting a serial port baud rate - is clicked, it seems to come up in a slightly different screen position (offset vertically) than it should, and though it seems to accept the proper input, after accepting the value, the whole configuration view seems to lose the mouse. I'm unable to click on other items.

It doesn't seem to happen with check boxes or spin controls.

I'll try to narrow it down and create a bug report later today.

Frank