RE: FW: Is eCos running any background process?

> From: Gary Thomas
>
> I tend to agree with this perspective.  One problem is that not all
> board/system designers understand this and they've used FIQ for IRQ
> sorts of events.  Hence the eCos interrupt system on ARM _tries_ to
> handle both FIQ and IRQ equivalently.  In retrospect, this is probably
> not the best approach.
>
> Feel free to propose changes/patches to support this.  Of course,
> such changes should be configurable using CDL, it *is* eCos(*) after all.

Well, I've never learned how to write CDL, or how to submit patches, and
don't want to learn just for this, especially since I'm not the one who
needs it. However, I think all that's needed is an option that reconfigures
things never to mask FIQ. Perhaps someone else who actually finds a use for
this feature will do it.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco