From: Gary Thomas [mailto:gary@mlbassoc.com]
Sent: Thu 10/16/2008 1:27 PM
To: Konrad Lionel
Cc: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: Re: [ECOS] File upload  using YMODEM from Redboot console

Konrad Lionel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to upload a file using YMODEM from Redboot console running on the RAM in my ARM-based platform.
> I can launch the command (RedBoot>load -m ymodem -b %{FREEMEMLO}), but when I try to send the target file in minicom pressing Ctrl-A S, after several trials, the protocol does not arrive to upload the file and it remains blocked.
>
> Is there any command or parameter I need to set to activate the upload of files through YMODEM ?

No, it should "just work"

What happens on the console when you start the download (don't
break into minicom to start the actual process)?  You should
see a series of 'C' characters, approximately 3 seconds apart.
This is RedBoot telling the download process to retry.

If that's working, then it may be a problem with what you are
downloading.  What sort of file/data is it?