Re: What is the current status of the iPaq application? (target)

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 4:39 PM, luasi dubay <dubaylu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Gregg Levine <gregg.drwho8@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello!
>> I have here an iPaq, a model 3650 in fact. I am interested in trying
>> out on it the target for eCos on it.
>>
>> However while attempting to build it I noticed that breakage has crept
>> into this target. Is anyone aware of this, and is this target being
>> maintained?
>
> What do you mean by "breakage"? I know it builds because I tried the
> current CVS tree successfully a few hours ago. I'll try to load it on
> an iPAQ 36xx when I find it.

Hello!
By that I meant that it had problems with making specific parts. Gary
requested that I should supply the list with examples of my
declarations.

Now I've created a fresh template using the same package series, and
yes it is indeed building. But it decided to crash here with regards
to the jffs2 file system:
usr/local/anoncvs/ecos/packages/fs/jffs2/current/src/fs-ecos.c:26:2:
#error This compiler is known to be broken. Please see:
/usr/local/anoncvs/ecos/packages/fs/jffs2/current/src/fs-ecos.c:27:2:
#error "http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-patches/2003-08/msg00006.html";
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/iPaq_on_ecos/test2_build/fs/jffs2/current'
make[1]: *** [src/fs-ecos.o.d] Error 1
make: Leaving directory `/usr/local/iPaq_on_ecos/test2_build'
make: *** [build] Error 2

And there we go. What was the resolution of that referenced issue?

-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8@gmail.com
"This signature was once found posting rude
 messages in English in the Moscow subway."