Re: Starting new eCos project

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 08:51:56AM -0400, Chris Zimman wrote:
> > As already pointed out EABI is not currently supported. I would stick
> > to ELF, which is well tested and understood, unless you have a strong
> > reason to need EABI. It will make your life easier.
>
> I don't know what "supported" is supposed to mean on here, as it's all
> community support driven.  eCosCentric has the EABI support as part of
> eCosPro now, so that's "supported" AFAIK.  I think it would be better for
> more people to start using EABI as:

By supported i mean it is available in the public eCos tree and the
recommended toolchain works (apart from with JFFS2, which is a well
know issue).

The eCosCentric code is private. You need to license it and people
here on this list have no access to it so will not be able to give you
answer to questions. But then, if you have access to it, you have
payed your license fee and will have a support contract, so there is
no need to ask here...

There is also people who have EABI working in there own private
trees. However this has not yet made it back into the eCos CVS tree.

To me, supported means it is in the official eCos tree and you can ask
questions here and you will likely get answers.

       Andrew