Re: Can You recommend a good entry board

On 2008-10-31, Martin Hansen <farhansen@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I hope some of You will share a little of Your experience
>
> I am looking for a target well suited for learning eCos,

Qemu is an easy way to start. The "PC motherboard" target works
fine.  I think one of the ARM targets should also work, but
I've not tried it yet.

> that means

> * the template/drivers has been there for a while, (and been
>   used.) So I don't mix my learning with driver debugging.

The PC motherboard target is pretty well ironed out.

> * price is somewhat of an issue

Qemu is free.

> * GUI and other fancy interfaces is not an issue, I probably
>   just need some LED's and buttons, if one button can generate
>   interrupt its a plus factor.

LEDs and buttons are an issue.  Qemu works great for serial
ports and network stuff. But if you want to twiddle port pins,
no so much.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! INSIDE, I have the
                                  at               same personality disorder