Re:[ECOS] Can You recommend a good entry board

Hi,

I'm working with Arcom Viper lite ( based on ARM ). It was designed also for learning, it has four switches and three diodes on the connected IO board.

There was written a book about programming for this board, this book also contains reference to port of Ecos for this board and some examples how to start.

I port on it I think nontrivial application, only thing that is not working properly under Ecos ( at least for me )  is the networking support, but I don't need it so much, so I maybe didn't spend enought time to find a solution of this network problems.

More info:
http://www.arcom.com/pc104-xscale-viper-lite.htm
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596009830/

T.

> Od: Martin Hansen <farhansen@gmail.com>
> Předmět: [ECOS] Can You recommend a good entry board
> Datum: 31.10.2008 11:55:48
> Hi
>
> I hope some of You will share a little of Your experience
>
> I am looking for a target well suited for learning eCos, that means
> * the template/drivers has been there for a while, (and been used.) So
> I don't mix my learning with driver debugging.
> * price is somewhat of an issue
> * GUI and other fancy interfaces is not an issue, I probably just need
> some LED's and buttons, if one button can generate interrupt its a
> plus factor.
>
> Well the stability of the port is my highest concern, and the question
> where experience is the key.
>
> --
> Regards Martin
>
> --