This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: RAM test
- From: Sergei Gavrikov <sergei dot gavrikov at gmail dot com>
- To: Edgar Grimberg <edgar dot grimberg at zylin dot com>
- Cc: ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 20:05:15 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] RAM test
- References: <490F1CAF.email@example.com>
Edgar Grimberg writes:
> Just to avoid reinventing the wheel, is there any memory test already
> written that I can use for my "almost stable" SDRAM? I need a bit more
> than writing a pattern and reading it back.
Using memtester (in those days 4.0.6) I detected any common problems on
the external RAM parts in the past. It's the very robust memory test:
http://pyropus.ca/software/memtester. You can use this 'as is' or build
a light version (Tip: s@printf@diag_printf@). If it's possible, place
the executable in ROM and use SRAM for .bss .data, etc. i.e. fix the ld
script to prevent a usage the tested RAM region.
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss