Re: ConfigTool compilation-error

    Martin> Hi,
    >> You might have a look at
    >>
    >> http://www.ecosforge.net/pmwiki/index.php/Projects/Hosttools
    >>
    >> If you try that, please let me know, if it works or what the problem is.

    Martin> Ok. First of all - it is impossible to specify a tcl
    Martin> configuration with includes in /usr/local/include/tcl8.4
    Martin> and where tclConfig.sh in
    Martin> /usr/local/lib/tcl8.4/tclConfig.sh. Normaly you would use
    Martin> the options '--with-tcl-header=/usr/local/include/tcl8.4
    Martin> --with-tcl=/usr/local/ --with-tcl-version=8.4' However -
    Martin> this is not possible with this configure script since

    Martin> [host-tools/host/libcdl/configure:4433]

    Martin> if test "${MSVC}" = "yes" ; then

    Martin> let the tcl-include code not to be executed. (Maybe this
    Martin> is just a typo) The coresponding "fi" is an else near
    Martin> ecos_tk_libs=""

Which version of the host-side configury were you using? The ones
currently in anoncvs had a lot of work done a couple of months back,
and the line number you give above does not match the current sources.

I don't know exactly what your local installation of Tcl looks like,
but from the above I suspect all you need to specify is
"--with-tcl=/usr/local --with-tcl-version=8.4", and skip
--with-tcl-header. Unless you are trying to build with Visual C++, in
which case everything gets more difficult.

Bart

--
Bart Veer                                   eCos Configuration Architect
eCosCentric Limited    The eCos experts      http://www.ecoscentric.com/