Re: [OT] ...since eCos or Linux does not run on it

On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 20:53 +0100, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have programmed my first Microcontroller in 1982 with 14 years and  it
> was a 8038 and then later the 8049.
>
> Now I have to do some "simple" jobs where even the smallest SAM7  is  to
> expensive and overkill.  But over the time I have many things  forgotten
> about the 8051 and now I am searching for a MAILINGLIST...
>
> Can someone recomment resources?

There is a port of GCC to the avr from Atmel and there are several
mailing list that support it.  Start here:
  http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/

Also there's AvrFreaks: http://www.avrfreaks.net/
a good source of tips and example code.

I agree with Sergei, you rearly have to write assembly any more.

> Please note, that my French GSM-Provider (Bouygues  Telecom)  forbid  to
> use newsgroups since  the  consider  it  as  "streaming protocol".  Also
> Web-Forums are not usable for me...

Sorry to hear that, there is a lot of useful stuff on those forums and
newsgroups, maybe you can use a proxy to access them.

__
Ormund