Re: "Bad" and "good" GCC FLAGS for ECOS environment

Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Trying new arm-eabi-gcc to build existen targets I noticed what it is
> not possible to build some of them. Issue is it's CYGBLD_GLOBAL_CFLAGS.
> Greeping, viming the hal*.cdl(s) I found no up-to-dated CFLAGS for GCC4
> which I can use as the good example, at the least, it seemed for me.
>
> I am not GCC expert and I know the very minimal CFLAGS set: -O{0,2}; -g;
> -Wall :-) I ask experts, What FLAG is good for new GCC in eCos and what
> FLAG is "bad"? I know only one "bad" for GCC-4: -mno-short-load-words,
> but, a few targets still use it. I've known one good flag from Jonathan
> Larmour: -Wno-write-strings. Can anyone distribute his knowledges about
> other GCC-4 flags for _eCos_ environment?

-mno-short-load-words, -fvtable-gc, and -finit-priority will be removed
everywhere at the same time as I centralise warning flags.

I'm loathe to change any other flags without being able to test on the
specific targets in question.

I will mention though that the aeb isn't supported with the new tools as it
is arm7di. After this amount of time there really didn't seem worth the
large amount of space having a multilib for it. Everything has multipliers
now. There's also no separate strongarm multilib any more. I believe this
just makes things suboptimal, rather than stopping things working. At
worst, there's the existing tools.

------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine