Re: Lack of libsupc++.a on BSD

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 03:40:12PM +0100, Jesper Skov wrote:
> Hi
>
> BSD/OS X does not provide a static implementation of libsupc++.a. So
> my attempted port of the synthetic target to BSD is limping badly.

I synthetic port to BSD/OS X sounds interesting. How similar are the
system calls? Can you just write a i386bsd, or do you have to modify
the HAL arch as well?

> I happened to find something here
> (http://www.ecoscentric.com/ecospro/doc.cgi/html/ref/memalloc-standard-api.html)
> that suggests
> that using the option CYGFUN_MEMALLOC_MALLOC_CXX_OPERATORS should
> allow me to work around this.
>
> But I cannot find that option anywhere. Is it in the ecospro repo only?

This is only in ecosCentric's closed source port :-( A shame really,
libsupc++.a regularly causes problems for synth, so being able to get
rid of this dependancy would be good.

    Andrew