RE: Redboot hung after fconfig update (y/n)? y

> I am using Micron DDR MT46H32M32LF on i.mx31 platform. After running
> redboot, I am seeing a hang after the following message:
>
> Update RedBoot hon-volatile configuration - continue (y/n)? y
> "...  Read from 0x07ee0000-0x07eff000 at 0x000800000: . "

There is almost no useful information in this message that suggests that you
have in any way tried to figure out what the problem is.
By the read of your post, it seems like you expect someone to go dig out a
data sheet for the MT46H32, ask you what your bus settings for the DDR
controller are,
and basically debug this problem for you.  If that's what you're after, go to
eCosCentric and pay them for platform support.

The iMX31 is not a supported platform at this time, and thus has received
little to no testing.

I would suggest that you either run Redboot inside of a JTAG debugger or add
a lot of instrumentation to the code to see where the crash is occurring.

Really, because you're working with this sort of one off version of Redboot,
you should be talking to Freescale about these issues since they support it.
In the past, their Redboot ports (eg. for the iMX family) were very kludgy
and not particularly well tested.

--Chris