how to run redboot on LPC2148

sir
i had build img file for redboot. had also got .bin file for that. now i converted bin file of redboot into hex and using Flash utility, moved it onto my LPC2148 board. but how to make it run?? any command need to b given??
when i go into gdb mode (arm-eabi-gdb) abd try to connect to target it says:
ignoring packet error,continuing
ignoring packet error,continuing
ignoring packet error,continuing
warning:invalid remote reply,timeout

i have 1 more question, how to transfer .img file onto target??is every time we need to have bin file and convert to hex then transfer??