Re: ADC polling vs. ADC generated interrupt

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for the explanation. It's clear now.

I have also done more reading meanwhile and found
out that the SEL field can only contain one bit when in
software mode. Thus I can not trigger a series of
conversion when selecting the appropriate START source.
(this was a my misconception that originated the thought
of letting the ADC do all interrupt generation)

So burst mode is just a continuous conversion mode,
I can not triggera single burst of conversion for the open channels.

I will stick with your idea of generating a timer event
for the start of the conversion and expand it with an
ISR that will read the current conversion and start the
next conversion from the list of open channels until all
open channels have been read.

I will move the code and make a separate 2xxx version.

One more, not so urgent question. Does it make sense to
offer a choiceof possible interrupt channels and timers during
configuration. (six internally and 2 externally triggered)?

Regards,

Peter