Re: arm-elf toolchain doesn't work?

On 2009-01-04, e.stiebler <emu@e-bbes.com> wrote:

>> [Have I mentioned yet how much I hate trying to work under
>> Windows?]
>
> Nobody has to mention it anymore ;-)
>
> Anyway, I'm happy with Vmware running Fedora here for developement.
> Using windows only a an expensive terminal and programming pod ;-)

We do all our eCos development under Linux, but we've got a
customer who wants to customize some firmware, and of course
the poor guy wants to do it under Windows.  [I guess some
peeple don't get enough unavoidable suffering so they've got
actively seek out extra pain.] I'm running WinXP under Qemu as
a means to try to test toolchains before sending Cygwin and
toolchain tarballs to the customer.

It looks like the easiest option is to follow the instructions
on the eCos web site for building a big-endiant arm-elf
toolchain.

> P.S. BTW, having the same problems with MIPS targets on
> cygwin. Works fine on linux

Try running cygcheck on the gcc binaries (both gcc.exe and
arm-elf-gcc.exe).  You might find out you're missing some
required libraires or that you need older versions.  In my
case, I needed to install older versions of libintl (Cygwin
supports installing multiple versions of libintl).  But then I
ran into the lack of big-endian support.

--
Grant