From: Rutger Hofman [mailto:rutger@cs.vu.nl] Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 7:33 PM
To: Himanshu Patel
Cc: 'eCos Discuss'
Subject: Re: [ECOS] FAT32 over NAND

Sorry to prod, but to answer you appropriately it would be helpful if you answer the question below:

Rutger Hofman wrote:
Is this a NAND memory smart-card (MMC, SD, USB flash drive or whatever)? These usually come with an FTL on-board, which offers a file system like FAT32. You need no Flash code for that.

Is this a raw flash? So, how is it going to be accessed from Windows if the file system is completely in software?

Can you please explain the type of NAND flash you want to use? Is this raw flash chips? Or is this a NAND memory 'card' of some type like listed above?

Rutger