about task developement strategy for ecos

Hello all.

I m deeply novice in ecos and partially embedded at all.

I have a task - to make the software for cirrus EP9307 based module for
some gps+optical  device.

As a reference design I have EDB 9315.

Just now I have writen the primary and secondary bootloader for
ep9307(it also works for EDB9315), and console programm to load the
software into our device via my bootloaders(COM1), and to programm it
into eeprom(it works) and flash(under testing):

Hmm.. it seems I do not need Redboot at all, in my job?

I think that next stage of work - to deploy my application code to the
EP9307 device:  -

On debugging - I can simply put my "simple redboot" (the second
bootloader) to the flash, and load my application code to the memory via
COM1 and start it for test. Com port link works stable at 115200, and my
pair bootloader-console have lzss compression-decompression implemented,
so effective download speed is about 1.7-1.9 times higher. It is not as
fast as USB :-), but I cant implement or find USB driver for target
device because of too limited time and(see above) novicing in this area.

Am I at the right way?

Best regards.

Alys.