Re: Debug eCos kernel

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 08:18:56AM +0100, Deroo Stijn wrote:

> Ok, sorry about that, but I want indeed investigate the mutual
> exclusion to see where it goes wrong for my application.  So I still
> don't know how to enable these debugging?

Are you trying to debug problems with the eCos kernel, or the eCos
networking stack. They are two very different things.

Deadloads and things like that can be very hard to debug since they
are very timing dependent. Changing the code changes the timing and
the problem goes away...

Anyway, first thing is to make sure you have asserts enabled:

CYGPKG_INFRA_DEBUG

and asserts will automatically be enabled.

Then take a look at:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/user-guide/debugging-techniques.html

        Andrew