Re: Debug eCos kernel

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 04:43:01PM +0100, Deroo Stijn wrote:
> Ok, I enabled CYGPKG_INFRA_DEBUG and can see a lot of extra info, but I'm still not able to see what I need.  I looked further into http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/user-guide/debugging-techniques.html but don't see how this will enable the CYGIMPL_TRACE_SPLX flag.
>
> I need to know which thread/process is blocking the mutex 'splx_mutex' in synch.c (spl_any()), because at a certain time, the thread 'Network alarm support' is blocking on this mutex.
>
> Enabling CYGIMPL_TRACE_SPLX and calling show_sched_events() should answer this, but I really can't find where to enable this?

Ah, so you really do want to debug the TCP/IP stack. When you said you
wanted to debug the kernel i thought you really did want to debug the
kernel, not the TCP/IP stack.

So enable CYGIMPL_TRACE_SPLX and then call show_sched_events() every
so often, especially after your system has deadlocked or done whatever
it does.

   Andrew