serial driver fails to transmit data

Hi

we have redboot image given for our board which gives the diagnostic
output through UART. we have a 16550 compatible UART on board so i
have written the driver taking sample from existing code which uses
the generic 16650 driver. However with this driver i am able to open
the driver through cyg_io_lookup for  /dev/ser0 and it succeeds . but
writing to driver through cyg_io_write() doesn't output the string on
the serial port ..though i can see the printf output on serial through
application.

i would like to know how can i redirect the standard serial output to the port..

thanks
smith