From: Grant Edwards [mailto:grante@visi.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:38 PM
To: ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: [ECOS] arm-elf-gcc 3.2.1 bug: "unsigned" vs. "unsigned long"?

Somebody has reported to me that he thinks the arm-elf-gcc
3.2.1 toolchain we use for eCos development has a bug such that
declaring a variable as "unsigned" doesn't always generate
correct code, but changing the declaration to "unsigned long"
will fix the problem.  Moreover he thinks that files containing
"unsigned" variables will compile/link correctly sometimes and
incorrectly at other times. But, changing "unsigned"
declarations to "unsigned long" makes things better.

No, there aren't any source/object files that demonstrate the
problem. :/

I've been using this toolchain for a long time (at least 6-7
years), and I've never observed this problem or heard anybody
else report it.

Google hasn't found anything that sounds similar, but I thought
I should ask here if anybody has heard of such a problem.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!
                                  at