Blackfin port question or other DSP suggestions

Hi all,

I have been looking around for information about a blackfin port of
eCos. I have found a bit of information on the internet, but the
official list of ports does not seem to include the Analog Devices
blackfin DSP (http://ecos.sourceware.org/ecos/hardware.html).

I have listed the links I could find with some information about the
eCos ports to the blackfin DSP. I figure there is a reason the
blackfin architecture is not listed in the official ports section of
eCos even though it seems from a first glance that a port has been
completed. Does anyone have experience getting eCos to run on one of
these DSP's? Are any of the ports for the blackfin considered
stable/complete?

I want to do some simple audio signal processing, starting with simple
digital audio mixing of two stereo inputs into a single stereo output
(4 channels in 2 channels out), possibly to be followed in the future
by a beat detection algorithm and maybe some other audio
filtering/effects.

eCos is not required for this project, but it is a personal
educational project and one of the areas I want to gain some
experience using a RTOS such as eCos. The blackfin is an option for
me, but I am open to other DSP options. Could anyone recommend a DSP I
could use for basic audio processing that works with eCos (I am also
using a FPGA on this board, so I am open to soft-core processors too
if they can achieve what i require)?

Thanks,
Brendon.

http://archiv.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/2006/0200/data/index.html
Thesis porting eCos to the blackfin architecture

http://www.nabble.com/port-ecos-to-blackfin-td1483925.html
Message from someone thinking about doing a port in Nov 2005

http://trac.rfidguardian.org:8000/trac-0-11b/milestone/Port%20eCos%20%2B%20MRG%20to%20BlackFin%20Stamp-537%20development%20board
Porting to Blackfin STAMP board