Re: TUI: PDCurses for eCOS

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 02:23:19AM +0200, Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
> Last weekend I've done a port of PDCurses for ECOS. The whole curses
> library built for for ARM-7 is

[snip]

> Executable size is unbeatable; the whole application is _140_KB,
> including kernel, drivers, curses, etc.
                                                          ^^^^^^^

I did a typo. All PDCurses demos ROM/RAM (stripped executables) were
under 100K.  Most of them are about 70K.

FYI: Today I tried to run the demos are built for synthetic linux target
using Savin Zlobec serial driver and I found that curses works nice via
pseudo terminal.

Andrew, at the end I decide that pdcecos.c and pdcecos_serial.inl are
odd stuff in that my package. I have no time to write generic VT100/ANSI
line driver (who have?) and I do not want to put that naive test code in
the nice package what PDCurses is. I looked at eCos 'mw' (microwindows)
and I think what I can organize 'pdcurses' package in the same maner.
There won't be any 'driver' at first under package tree. The developers
would place next curses drivers then (under 'drivers' directory), e.g.
VT100 or ANSI serial line driver, etc. See a picture the below, please.
In a common way the PDCurses 'driver' can be implemented either in a
user code space or it can be implemented as some generic driver, e.g.
FOO

ecosconfig add CYGPKG_PDCURSES
ecosconfig add CYGPKG_PDCDRIVER_FOO

What do you think about?