Re: running test cases

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 02:09:41PM +0300, Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 12:39:07PM +0300, Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
> > On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 02:14:15AM -0700, grahamlab wrote:
> > >
> > > I am sure I have the correct settings in mincom but still cannot download a
> > > file
> > >
> > > Is there anything else I can try?
> >
> > Please, do not top post.
> >
> > So, you have the success with HT (!VM). VM's serial ports are something
> > specific. It may work, it may not work. But there is a light in a tube.
>
> As far as I remember, you wrote that you did see the RedBoot's prompt in
> minicom too on Guest OS (it is good news). Can you send some output?
> Invoke the below commands on Linux Guest, when VM'd started, but, do not
> start GDB or minicom.

Graham, you wrote that you successfully build eCos under VirtualBox. I
hope that you did not delete that image, because, you had a working
environment. You had one issue: serial port connection on VM. I brief
look at VirtualBox' User Manual (there is pdf on their site). They do
not talk about any issues with virtual serial ports, IMHO, you must
configure the ports properly. See chaptres 3.7.6, 8.5.4 from the Sun xVM
Virtual Box User Manual (2.1.4).

I sure that Sun offers an excellent virtualization. And it seems for me
that if you configure their VM properly, your problem will go away. You
can ask about your issue just here
http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Community

Sergei