This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Debugger fails when I add kernel support
- From: Sergei Gavrikov <sergei dot gavrikov at gmail dot com>
- To: Robert Brusa <bob dot brusa at gmail dot com>
- Cc: MailingList: ecos-discuss <ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org>;
- Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 22:22:24 +0300
- Subject: Re: [ECOS]Debugger fails when I add kernel support
- References: <op.ury9w114keg3uf@localhost> <20090406191600.GA10164@ubuntu.local>
On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 10:16:00PM +0300, Sergei Gavrikov wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 08:35:22PM +0200, Robert Brusa wrote:
> > I also have a similar program that does not use a task, but instead
> > mytask is replaced by a procedure - and hence kapi.h is not included. But
> > all the rest is the same - especially the same ecos is used to build the
> > program. With this simpler program - the debuggin works fine. I do not
> > understand why.
> > Robert
> It's just a guess: It's possible that reason can be in an idle thread
> stuff. The second version has no threads, hasn't it? And you debug the
> version smoothly. So, be sure that HAL_IDLE_THREAD_ACTION does not turn
> a power save mode (it is bad medicine for JTAG debugging). Well, it's
> just a guess.
I did talk about:
I do not know, perhaps your target has CDL to disable power save mode.
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss