Re: arm-eabi-gdb

grahamlab wrote:
> Sergei Gavrikov wrote:

> >> PC.

> >> GDB
> >> about

> >> add-symbol-file)?

> >> look at

> >> http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
> >> http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss

> >> am
> >>
> >> Get this to work first - it tells us that your VirtualBox can't
> >> talk to the board under all circumstances.
> >>
> >> Here's how to test it:
> >>
> >>   VirtualBox:
> >>     * run minicom to the board
> >>     * get a RedBoot prompt
> >>         RedBoot> lo -r -b %{FREEMEMLO} -m xm
> >>     * at this point, you should see
> >>         CCCC
> >>     * tell minicom to send the file
> >>         ^A-S
> >>
> >> Follow these steps _exactly_ and tell us what happens in each.  Don't
> >> leave anything out - we're not mind readers...
> >>

> > Gary, it seems that I knew something. I just tried:
> >
> > sudo mv /usr/bin/{,no}sx
> > sudo mv /usr/bin/{,no}sz
> > sudo mv /usr/bin/{,no}sb
> >
> > and minicom tries to send having no senders!
> >
> > Graham,
> >
> > Do you have /usr/bin/sz, /usr/bin/sx, /usr/bin/sb ?
> >
> > Do
> >
> > $ ls /usr/bin/sx
> >
> > What you get?
> >
> > Sergei
>
> Hi All
> I have installed sx etc and am now able to download a file using minicom -
> at last some progress!!
> However, I am still unable to use gdb - I'll keep trying but any advice
> would be apprecaited
>
> Graham

Graham, try to load random images as I did point you in my first letter
with a checksum control: 10K, 20K, etc. The checksums MUST be equals.
How many RAM can you use?  Look at the RedBoot's startup screen. Try to
load random data so big as you can and verify the checksum(s).

If all will going smoothly, i.e.  xmodem's downloads, then try type '$'
in minicom. What's happined on the '$' press?

Sergei