This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
DHCP fails after bringing it up and down twice
- From: "Alex Lindeijer" <Alex dot L at 3D-Perception dot com>
- To: "Alex Lindeijer" <Alex dot L at 3D-Perception dot com>, <ecos-discuss at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 15:28:59 +0200
- Subject: [ECOS] DHCP fails after bringing it up and down twice
- References: <97F68B92952DDA40A6494655C887603B8DEF8E@nw-ex-004.asplogon.com> <20081219143116.GF19895@lunn.ch> <97F68B92952DDA40A6494655C887603B8DEFE7@nw-ex-004.asplogon.com> <97F68B92952DDA40A6494655C887603B8DF06B@nw-ex-004.asplogon.com> <20081222225943.GI21736@lunn.ch>
Based on either external commands or ethernet down->up events I'm
switching between fixed/dhcp or any combination of the 2.
At the moment I'm trying DHCP to DHCP. It might be overkill but when I
get an external command to use DHCP or my ethernet link goes up again I
shutdown/close all my sockets,
bring up the sockets again
This works at start-up, and one time after, butt he third time none of
the dhcp discover message is getting out on the ethernet. So due to
enabling of dhcp chatter I see that is trying to send discovery messages
but nothing happens 'on the line'.
Does anybody have a hint what this might be. When I print the routing
tabloes juist before the do_dhcp they are empty. I cannot see any
difference between just before the second do_dhcp(which succeeds) and
the third(which fails).
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss