Re: Re: NAND support

Hi Simon

Simon Kallweit wrote:

> John Dallaway wrote:
>>
>> UFFS looks like a good fit for eCos. However, it is licensed under the
>> LGPL. I wonder if the authors would be willing to license the filesystem
>> under the eCos public license (dual license) and make a copyright
>> assignment to the FSF. Is this something you have discussed with them?
>> Our current policies do not allow us to accept LPGL run-time code into
>> the eCos repository.
>
> Well, I have not yet discussed this with the author. Might be a good
> idea to do this ASAP.

Yes, it would be a good idea to discuss this with the author ASAP. You
might wish to refer to Jonathan Larmour's discussion of the LGPL in
relation to the eCos public license:

  http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2002-05/msg00206.html

Note also that every individual who has made a significant contribution
to the UFFS code would be required to sign a copyright assignment for
acceptance of the code into the eCos repository. Not just the original
author.

> Well, even if the code cannot be merged into eCos
> trunk it would be nice to have a package for it.

Yes, much better than nothing!

John Dallaway