Re: What does "+" do in REDBOOT?

M Core wrote:
> I have a TS7260 board and Technologic systems has told me if you press '+' inside of REDBOOT then the board goes into a different mode, but they don't know what is happening.
>
> Can anyone explain what mode this "+" does and what REDBOOT is doing?

You've made RedBoot think that you're gdb, and it is expecting you to send
properly-formed remote-debug packets. (A $ sign has the same effect, and is
a more traditional way to start a serial-debug session. If for example you
now type $#00 - a no-op packet - you should receive +$#00 in response. To
escape from the gdb stubs by resetting the board, the sequence +$r#72+$k#6b
ought to do the trick.)

> Also, I found that when the board is rebooted after this + character locks up the board, that I get a bad errorblock showing up. (So it has marked some flash as bad, although after a bunch of work you can clear those errors and restore your flash back, so a side effect is you get flash falsely marked as bad.)

I can't see a reason why triggering the GDB stubs would affect the flash,
unless you somehow managed to interrupt a flash operation.

Ross

--
Embedded Software Engineer, eCosCentric Limited.
Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive, Cambridge CB5 8UU, UK.