Re: Posix with Bitmap scheduling

Mervin J <mervin_j@cms.com> writes:

> Hi,
>     I am working on ecos for arm7. Since my application is simple, I
> plan to use Bitmap scheduling. While adding Posix support i was not
> able to build the source. Whether posix and Bitmap scheduling is not
> possible?

The POSIX standard requires certain functionality of the
scheduler. This can only be supplied by the MLQ scheduler.

The memory overhead of the MLQ scheduler over the bitmap scheduler is
fairly small, particularly if you have already accepted the code and
data impact of using POSIX.

--
Nick Garnett                                       eCos Kernel Architect
eCosCentric Limited    http://www.eCosCentric.com       The eCos experts