AT91SAM9 Port(s) in CVS

Hi,

there is a port from for the AT91SAM9620 ARM9 processor from Evgeniy Dushistov. However - it is not in the current CVS.
Unfortunately he have not answered to my mail. So does anybody know whether it is planned/he plannes to put his port into the CVS?
If not I'd like to start a new (free) port. However - there is a similar problem like with the lpc22xx and lpc24xx ports. The AT91SAM9 processors have an ARM9 core whether the (already supported) AT91SAM7 processors uses an ARM7 one. However they share some similar periphery devices.
To avoid copy and paste versions of the same code it would be great to have an AT91SAM package for the common parts and an AT91SAM7 and AT91SAM9 architectures to support the processors.
However - the current packages do not rely on an AT91SAM7 architecture but only on the core ARM one. I think it would be worth to change this but I don't know whether this is really a good idea. So I'd like to hear some comments on it.

Thank you,
 Martin Laabs