This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: ram usage by redboot
- From: Martin Laabs <martin dot laabs at mailbox dot tu-dresden dot de>
- To: Bob dot Brusa at gmail dot com, eCos Discuss <ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 09:48:13 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] ram usage by redboot
- References: <op.uuu2huh6keg3uf@localhost>
- Reply-to: uni at martinlaabs dot de
This makes me wunder:
a) What is the RAM up from 0x0021f300 used for? I can find no hint in
IMHO it is used for the heap.
b) It writes out the flash available on this machine. Why not the flash
actually available for other programs?
You can place programs into the flash. However they might need a
slightly other configuration since flash is not writable (from the point
of the static memory controller) and all the RW segments have to be
placed in a RAM region.
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss