This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: eCos on MPC8313
- From: Edgar Grimberg <edgar dot grimberg at zylin dot com>
- To: RONETIX - Ilko Iliev <iliev at ronetix dot at>
- Cc: ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 01:44:11 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] eCos on MPC8313
- References: <49ED9EFA.firstname.lastname@example.org> <49EDB43A.email@example.com> <49EDD48D.firstname.lastname@example.org> <49EEBCD2.email@example.com>
>> Maybe we can make the cleaning if you just remove the specifics and send
>> us the rest - we will correct the makefiles and the scripts.
> It's a bit more than that, both technically and decision wise...
I've managed to commit the first attempt of eCos port for MPC8313E_RDB
(subversion at http://www.ecosforge.net/ecosforge/trunk/ecos_mpc8313).
There are some hacks ( /hal/powerpc/arch is duplicated) and some
hardcoded things in the ethernet driver.
This is work in progress: code is a cut/paste from a project, so
things are likely to be missing, PHY is not working and there is a
horrible hack in reset words related to this, and so on.
Wrt tools, I suggest gcc 4.4.0 and binutils 2.19.1 because they
support e300c3 core "out of the box". I had worked with patched
versions of gcc 4.3.2 and binutils 2.18 to support e300c3, I'm in the
process of switching to the latest and greatest official tools.
Any help is appreciated!
ZY1000 JTAG Debugger http://www.zylin.com/zy1000.html
Phone: (+47) 51 63 25 00
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss