Re: eCos contributions and development projects

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 10:16 PM, Sergei
Gavrikov<sergei.gavrikov@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 09:45:57PM +0200, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
>> > Further details at: ?http://ecos.sourceware.org/contrib.html
>>
>> Is it just me or does this page "smell" stale?
>
> Stale?

I'm thinking that it would make sense to have older & new stuff on a
separate pages not to dilute the new stuff.

> It seems for me it is a great run. It's pity, but, I found no 2009's on
> the eCosForge.

See the svn repository for 2009 stuff. The web site was never used really.

eCosForge provides little but an svn repository. I was thinking that perhaps
switching to git thinking on eCos + using a page with listed projects would
be neat. That would effectively render eCosForge obsolete.

eCos even has a fundamental concept about separate repositories, so
git like thinking would be a really neat match.

(Actual tool used, svn, git, mercurial, cvs, dracs, etc. doesn't matter as much
as pushing the concept of independent repositories.)

--
Øyvind Harboe
Embedded software and hardware consulting services