This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
thread-safty of sprintf
- From: Robert Brusa <bob dot brusa at gmail dot com>
- To: MailingList:ecos-discuss <ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org>;
- Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 10:54:12 +0200
- Subject: [ECOS]thread-safty of sprintf
- Reply-to: Bob dot Brusa at gmail dot com
I use sprintf and see effects I do not understand. Quite often, the string
returned from sprintf is "contaminated" in that it starts with an extra
character - always a coma [,]. The rest of the string seems to be ok.
It does not help when I put a zero-character in string prior to calling
Thread-safty could be an issue, because sprintf is used by user threads as
well - but always with a string local to the calling routine.
What does this extra coma try to tell me? Thanks for help.
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss