IXP 425 GPIO and interrupt puzzling me !

Dear all .
        I want to run redboot on a IXP425 based router  ,i know the
the size of rom and ram only ,but can not determine how the GPIO
connected and  how the interrupts assigned .I have modified the
hal/arm/xscale/GRG codes related to rom and ram , then compiled it
with RAM version.I load the bin files into ram by openocd and run it
,I got nothing for the UART output .
        Is it possible that disabling  all options for  interrupt and
GPIO when compiled ,for i can not get any infomation about the
connections  by searching the pin of CPU
       Would you Please give me some  advice about it ?Thanks a lot .

Peter