This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: JFFS2 alternative
- From: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>
- To: ?yvind Harboe <oyvind dot harboe at zylin dot com>
- Cc: eCos Disuss <ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 09:37:23 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] JFFS2 alternative
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 08:47:25AM +0200, ?yvind Harboe wrote:
> JFFS2 is fine for smaller file systems, but it breaks down completely
> on large file systems.
> Does anyone know of viable eCos alternatives to JFFS2?
> LogFS is GPL v2 without exception, so that would make the application
> linked with eCos GPL. Ditto for UBIFS.
> I guess it's no good to create a loadable eCos module either. Even
> if that would allow our application to work with any filing system. It would
> be a poorly veiled attempt at circumventing GPL, wouldn't it?
> GPL is problematic because the work in question is under NDA.
If you are prepared to pay some money you can get YAFFS with a
A somewhat unknown is uffs, http://sourceforge.net/projects/uffs/
however its not yet been ported, and is designed for NAND systems, not
NOR. However it uses the eCos mod to GPL.
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss