Re: Serial communications

Sergei Gavrikov-4 wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 03:05:06AM -0700, grahamlab wrote:
>>
>> I have tried a variety of cables and tried a clean build of ecos - all
>> lead
>> to the same result
>
> Hi
>
> Graham, I remember that in a past you had reported that your eCos
> environment was Linux is running on some sort of a virtual machine.
> What do you use today? What is your environment? Do you use virtual
> serial ports still? Sorry, if I missed the answers.
>
> Sergei
>
> --

Hello Sergei
I run Sun Virtual box on a lap top and have USB to serial converters.
I have tried the serial tests via an environment with 'real' serial ports
and get the same results.
It seems to me that the when sending lots of bytes some are missed by the
serial device driver  -I dont know why this happens as Nick can run with no
problem.
Do you have any ideas I can try?

Graham