Re: ecos memory footprint

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Simon Kallweit<simon.kallweit@intefo.ch> wrote:
> Mandeep Sandhu schrieb:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Anybody knows if ECOS can run in 64KB mem (or lesser) with the following
>> features:
>>
>> * USB Device/slave support
>> * SPI Driver support
>> * Networking support (for running a small webserver)
>>
>> I've not yet narrowed down on my h/w yet...but Microchips PIC32MX460F128H
>> seems promising? But the sad part is that ecos doesn't show this in their
>> list
>> of supported h/w.
>>
>> Have ppl run ecos on microcontrollers w/o external SDRAM (I'm trying to
>> conserve
>> power by not having ext RAM)?
>>

> This will be rather tough, but probably possible. You should use the lwIP
> networking stack to keep memory usage low. Also, try to use as few threads
> as possible, as this saves you valuable stack memory.

Ok. Any idea how to resolve this dependency? W/o this feature the USB device
is useless:

* CYGFUN_DEVS_USB_AT91_EP0 requires CYGPKG_IO_USB and
  CYGPKG_IO_USB_SLAVE.

Another simple question:

How do I figure out the runtime size of my ecos installation?
Is it the size of libtarget.a ? Is this compressed?

W/o the USB feature and rest of the basic stuff including lwIP stack
enabl3d, I'm getting
around 1.2MB in size!

Thanks,
-mandeep