Re: Problems initializing eth0 interface

Bruno Ricci wrote:
I tried the same configuration with RTL8139 chip and without removing
any package (I managed to have a pc with that chip) with no luck. Here
some screenshots:

http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1493094/ecos1.jpg
http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1493094/ecos2.jpg

Notice that my program only initializes the network card, and that
there's a 20 sec sleep between the two screenshots. I tried to set a
static IP, but I keep on having that SIOCIFADDR error.

The second screenshot shows your hardware address to be FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF. This is the Ethernet broadcast address and it's not a good idea to use it as your MAC.

Try setting a valid MAC address. The first byte should be 0x00 and the others you are free to choose. Eg 00:ab:cd:ef:01:23 would be reasonaby safe. Make sure the address doesn't conflict with anything else in your network.

If you have RedBoot, change the MAC address using fconfig. If not, then the MAC address can be hardcoded via eCos configuration tool (look under "I/O sub-system", "Common ethernet support", "Your ethernet driver").

--
Kind regards,
Tarmo Kuuse