Re: Problems initializing eth0 interface

Hi Bruno

Bruno Ricci wrote:

> I tried the same configuration with RTL8139 chip and without removing
> any package (I managed to have a pc with that chip) with no luck. Here
> some screenshots:
>
> http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1493094/ecos1.jpg
> http://files.getdropbox.com/u/1493094/ecos2.jpg
>
> Notice that my program only initializes the network card, and that
> there's a 20 sec sleep between the two screenshots. I tried to set a
> static IP, but I keep on having that SIOCIFADDR error.

I assume you have switched to the eCos "pc_rltk8139" target.

The reported hardware address (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff) is bogus which
suggests that eCos is failing to interrogate your ethernet hardware
correctly. Try disabling the ethernet hardware in your PC's BIOS and see
if the behaviour is the same. If it is, perhaps your ethernet hardware
is reporting a PCI vendorID/deviceID pair which is not known to the eCos
driver? Check the known_8139_aliases[] array in the driver and extend it
if necessary.

I hope this helps...

John Dallaway