Re: How to run ECO 3.0 on STM32

Hi Kishore

Kishore Srimat wrote:

> Thanks for showing the direction to move. I am using ST's
> STM3210E-Eval board Rev-D.
>
> I did try to do as you told.
> 1) Build--> Template  and selected STM32 EVAL and packages--> Redboot.
> But once i select that i got conflicts and i did cancel the conflicts
> and did the second step
> 2) File--> import and from the path you have mentioned. and imported
> and built the library and flashed  the .bin into the STM32Eval but did
> not see anything in the serial port :(
>
> I have noticed that the this option in the configuration "Base address
> of flash device redboot is use  == 0x64000000"   but when i see the
> memory map of STM32 it is shown as 0x08000000 for the FLASH
>
> But if i change it base address and build the library it is building
> with errors and if i leave it as is at 0x64000000 it is a FSMC BANK 1
> Nor/PSRAM base address. I think it is not that correct base address to
> start with.

For STM3210E-EVAL, RedBoot is installed to the internal Flash at
0x08000000. The CYGNUM_REDBOOT_FLASH_BASE option to which you refer
describes the location of Flash memory to be managed by the RedBoot
flash image system. Once you have RedBoot installed, you should be able
to download images and write them to the external NOR Flash located at
0x64000000 from the RedBoot prompt.

Check your terminal emulator settings (38400, 8N1, no handshaking) and
try both serial ports.

John Dallaway