Re: ecos + lwip

> Threads that use lwip APIs (netcomm and sockets) *must* be created with
> ?sys_new_thread(). Otherwise lwip's timeout mechanism will not work as
> expected.

Thanks for this info Simon.

I'm stuck at how to pass an app supplied arg to my threads start function that's
created using sys_thread_new().

I want to pass an arg to my threads start function. I think the 2nd arg to
sys_thread_new() seems to be user supplied arg, but from the usage I've seen
that apps usually pass the thread's name to it in the 2nd arg.

Internally, sys_thread_new uses this 2nd arg for both the name as well as the
arg to the start function while calling cyg_thread_create(). So is there no way
I can pass an arg to it (apart from the name)?

Thanks,
-mandeep