Re: ecos + lwip

>> This one compiled all the way through (leaving a few "warnings")!!
>
> Good news! I'll look into these warnings in socket.c when I get some time.

Hi Simon,

I'm trying to use your new 1.3.1 stack with my app. The app currently works fine
with the current version lwIP (1.1.1). I'm using the Linux synthetic
target with a
static IP configured to eth0.

I'm currently stuck at getting the netif struct corresponding to my
only ethernet
interface eth0. It is unable to find my interface!

I'm passing the name as "et0". This was working fine with the previous version
of lwIP.

I've enabled the following options in my config:

* Netif support
* eth0 configuration -> Use DHCP is DISABLED.
  (static IP is configured)

Under I/O subsystems the following is enabled:
* Support for lwIP network stack
* Synthetic target ethernet driver -> Provide eth0 device

Is there any other option that I need to enable? I see that a lot of
configuration
options in the new version of the stack have changed so I might've missed out
some imp ones.

Also, I traced the lwIP init path (from lwIP_init()) and I didn't see any calls
to init_hw_drivers(). How are h/w drivers initialized then? Is there a different
mechanism now?

Thanks,
-mandeep