redboot on PepLink WINTI (KS8695P-based) board?

I am evaluating the board, salvaged from a defunct muni-wifi project,
for possible re-use.  There are about 680 of these potentially
available, though I have only two right now.

The board is marked WINTI03 v2.5, has:

 Micrel/Kendin KS8695PI (with an ARM922T core),
 two NOR Flash chips (29LV640MBTI, 8 megabytes each), and
 one SDRAM (48LC16M16A2, 32 megabyes)

The stock bootloader an obstacle (it has limited capabilities, and
moreover seems to be looking for a magic block in the uploaded images,
which I don't know how to create), therefore I am looking to replace
it with redboot.

I have JTAG working enough to talk the the flash.  I have disassembled
the first 200 or so instructions, so I have some sense for how the
board is initialized.  There appears to be support for KS8695P devices
(ethernet, serial, etc) in recent Linux 2.6 kernels.

Has or is anyone working on redboot for the CPU and/or board?  Any
pointers on how/where to get started?

seniorr@aracnet.com